1. Job description
Project coordinator at the Akwaba Mousso Center
Care for women and children who are victims of violence
Presentation of the structure
The main objectives of the Akwaba Mousso association are to:
- To offer free, caring and confidential coordinated holistic care to survivors of GBV, including medical, psychological, legal, judicial, self-esteem enhancement, autonomy and vocational guidance, and case management follow-up;
- To provide the most vulnerable women and their children with a safe, functional shelter;
- Conduct information, prevention and community outreach activities on women’s fundamental rights, to help change social norms and make GBV unacceptable;
- Generate new knowledge on tools and methodologies to improve the holistic care of GBV survivors, as well as on women’s health issues (sexual and reproductive health and rights – SRHR; menstrual hygiene).
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Project Coordinator plays a central role in the implementation and coordination of the NGO’s projects, operating a care center for women and children who are victims of violence. The aim of the project coordinator is to ensure that projects are carried out efficiently, in line with the NGO’s framework documents and donor requirements, by assigning clear missions to project managers, ensuring rigorous monitoring of their work and regular reporting. She also has advanced skills in monitoring and evaluation to guarantee the quality and impact of interventions.
Responsibilities and tasks
2.project planning and implementation
- Participate in strategic project planning in collaboration with NGO management.
- Develop and ensure the effective implementation of projects, guaranteeing their alignment with the NGO’s objectives, ensuring regular monitoring of activities and meeting set deadlines.
- Update the Akwaba Mousso program’s various framework documents in line with projects (logical framework in particular).
- Respect the theory of change and other Akwaba Mousso framework documents.
3.Internal and external coordination
- Work closely with project managers to ensure consistency and complementarity.
- Establish and coordinate partnerships with other organizations, both governmental and non-governmental, to maximize project impact.
4 Setting up follow-up
- Define clear missions and specific objectives for each project manager.
- Clarify responsibilities and expectations to ensure a shared understanding of objectives.
- Set up tools to monitor project managers’ activities
5.monitoring and assessment
- Set up monitoring mechanisms to assess project effectiveness, including relevant indicators.
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to measure project results and impacts.
- Ensure regular data collection and production of follow-up reports.
- Manage resources allocated to projects, ensuring efficient use of budgets.
- Ensure that project managers have the resources they need to achieve their objectives.
7.communication and reporting
- Ensure smooth communication with management, partners and donors.
- Produce regular reports on project progress and results achieved.
- 5 years’ higher education in a relevant field (project management, political science, social science, etc.).
- Significant experience (at least 5 years) in project management, preferably in the field of women’s and children’s rights protection.
- Advanced skills in monitoring and evaluation, with a proven ability to set up effective monitoring systems.
- Commitment to the NGO’s mission and sensitivity to issues related to violence against women and children.
- Initiative, creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Location: Palmeraie, Cocody, Abidjan
Full-time: office hours, flexible as needed.
Contract: service provision, then fixed-term contract for one year, renewable
Salary to be discussed depending on experience.
This job description may evolve according to the needs of the Akwaba Mousso Center.
Send your application (CV, covering letter and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 8, 2024.